Owa gal not updating

The Global Address Book (GAL) is a directory of available contact information for CUMC, NYPH and Columbia University faculty, staff and students.

owa gal not updating-17

I'm having an issue with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010. This problem started after we flattened our domain. We migrated all the users from the the sub to the top using the ADMT and then we took down sub. To be sure, does OWA (which uses live information) reflect the GAL correctly? The first thing you should do is on a test workstation, is delete the *files.

Essentially, the issue is the GAL is not updating in Outlook. I looked at the recipient filter of the GAL, it's below for reference: (Alias -ne $null -and (Object Class -eq 'user' -or Object Class -eq 'contact' –or Object Class -eq 'ms Exch System Mailbox' -or Object Class –eq 'ms Exch Dynamic Distribution List' -or Object Class -eq 'group' -or Object Class –eq 'public Folder')) The next thing I'm going to try is creating a new GAL and making it the default, if necessary. That will force Outlook to download a complete GAL. If so, it is probably that the incremental update files haven't updated correctly.

We have another server in the wings waiting to be deployed, but we need to address the problem in the meantime. If it does not, then it is the generation or distribution process that is failing. OWA reflects the information correctly, but Outlook does not. I have tried deleting the OAB files, but when I download the address book, it still has the outdated version.

I'm wondering if anyone has anyone has any tips that could help me address this issue. Are you using web or public folder distribution for the OAB? If you are on Outlook 2010, any reason you are still using public folder distribution?

I ran the commands you recommended and tried it about 4 hours after that. As another way to troubleshoot the problem, I created a new profile for Outlook.

It had all of the up-to-date information until I did a manual send/receive of the address book.

Firstly and fore mostly: If you do anything in Exchange: Apply the "cup of coffee rule", never make a change then go and prove that change works straight away! However most of us work in the real world and you have a user who needs to use this mailbox yesterday! If using Outlook, query the GAL directly, or download the latest OAB. Before you do anything send the user you created a 'Test Email' from your own account.

I created an alternative OAB, connected it to the Default GAL, made that OAB the defualt OAB, and tried to download it through Outlook. The first thing I would do is switch to either web only or mixed (web and public folder).

Then once set, run get-offlineaddresbook | update-offlineaddressbook Wait 20 minutes or so for it to update, then check in the Application log to see if there are any generation errors.

Tags: , ,